Property Committee - 4 October 2022

Minutes of the Nettleham Parish Council Property Committee meeting
held on Tuesday 4 October 2022 at 7.30pm in the Old School, Small Hall
Present: Cllrs D Newsam (DN)(Chair),P Jenkinson (PJ)(Vice Chair), Mrs J Clayton (JC), P McNeill (PM), Cllr J Radcliffe (JR), 
Also in attendance: Jane Ashby(FM), Claire Ward (AC), Cllr A.White (AW)
The meeting commenced at 7.30pm
The Chairman of the Property Committee thanked all for attending.
114/22.  To resolve to receive apologies and accept reasons for absence received by the Clerk,   
prior to the meeting.  None
115/22 Disclosure of interests in accordance with the requirements of the Localism Act 2011 and to consider any requests for dispensations. None
116/22 The notes of the Property Committee meeting held on 6 September 2022 to be approved as the minutes 
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: That the notes of the Property Committee meeting held on 6 September 2022 with one amendment to item 107/22 (Update on Green Lane project), be approved as a correct record and be signed by the Chairman.  Unanimous 
117/22 Financial Matters (FM)
a) To approve/ratify recent and proposed expenditure:
Proposed Expenditure:
James Heath £1059.84 Replacement of 9 strip lights to 9 LED units at the OSSH
Glendale £1509.60 Village Green Christmas Tree
Mark Cropper £1000.00 Fell Acer Tree The Old Quarry
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: subject to confirmation of the price quoted for the Christmas tree, to approve/ratify recent and proposed expenditure. Unanimous
118/22 Facilities Manager Report
The Facilities Manager report had been circulated, the contents noted. In addition:
  • Work to install the bench in Vicars wood will commence in the next 1-2weeks
  • Awaiting third quote to renew the path in Vicars wood
  • A concrete base is required for new bin in the High Street
119/22 Working Groups (15 mins max)
To receive reports as follows:
a) Beck (PJ):
  • A meeting of the Beck working group took place on Monday 26 September and included a presentation from the Lincolnshire Rivers Trust. A representative from the Environment Agency was also attended the meeting. 
  • There will be a site meeting on Friday 14 October at 11am to review the impact of the flash flooding that occurred on 16 August 2022. 
  • An article has been submitted to Nettleham Matters (November edition) about the role of Riparian owners
  • The Facilities Team were thanked for their continued hard work to maintain the Beck and its surroundings
b) Mulsanne Park (DN):
  • The clothes bank has raised £340 so far this year
  • The refurbishment is continuing with exterior lights and hand driers being fitted this week.
  • Work on the toilets is scheduled to begin on 9 November.
  • As part of the ongoing refurbishment, Cllr Newsam recommended the purchase of a smart TV rather than a projector and screen. The recommended model is an LG 70NANO766QA 70” smart 4K ultra HD HDR NanoCell TV with Freeview Play & Google Assistant/Alexa.
  • The committee agreed with the recommendation to purchase a smart TV for Mulsanne Pavilion and to assess its suitability for use in other Parish Council venues ACTION DN
c) Field paths (JC):
A meeting has been arranged for Monday 10 October at 7.30pm
d) Vicars Wood (JC):
  • Nothing to add to points raised in FM report
e) Bishop’s Palace/Meadow (PM)
  • The meadow has been scythed
  • The weeds amongst the trees need cutting
  • A meeting is to be scheduled in the near future
f) Allotments (PM)
  • There has been no further communication from Trueloves
  • The committee discussed the fee for the coming year, it is currently £1 due to the uncertainty over handover of the new site. NPC fees and charges are due to be discussed at the next meeting of the Parish Council on 18 October 2022.
  • Councillors supported a suggestion to offer the tenancy of the 7 vacant plots to individuals on the waiting list, under the same terms and conditions as existing plot holders. This includes continuing to cultivate both plots during the transition period to the new allotment site.                   ACTION FM/AC
g) Swathe (PM)
  • A meeting will take place on Friday 7 October with ads(df) landscape designer
120/22 Tree matters - update (JR)
  • Some trees have been trimmed in the village by LCC
121/22 To receive – update on Green Lane Project – (JC)
  • This matter was discussed at a deferred Parish Council meeting on 27 September.  Whilst there have been several positive reactions, concern has also been expressed at the scale of the proposal.  As a result, the Parish Council felt a larger working group should be formed to look at more options at improving Green Lane which village residents can then comment on.
  • Letters have been sent to residents in All Saints Lane to inform them of this decision
122/22 Correspondence
a) To consider a request to have a pop up Pizza stand at Mulsanne (FM)
Councillors discussed the request but agreed that it did not comply with Parish Council policy to safeguard the interests of existing local businesses. ACTION FM
123/22 To receive an update on the provision of baby change facilities in the village – (DN)
  • Councillors considered two designs of baby change unit and agreed that the vertical folding model would be most suitable as it would take up less room in the disabled toilet cubicles.
  • Nappy bins and relevant signage will also be required ACTION FM
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: to purchase 3 baby change units at a cost of £120.82 per unit, to be installed in the Old School and Mulsanne Pavilion. Unanimous
124/22 To consider the allocation of village areas to Councillors for responsibility to report issues - (DN)
Councillors considered the allocation of village areas as shown on a map that had been circulated prior to the meeting by the chairman.
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: to adopt the proposed allocation of village areas to councillors for responsibility to report issues. Unanimous
125/22 Councillors’ Reports/Future agenda items
  • PMc – Swathe update following the meeting with the landscape designer
126/22 Date of next meeting:
The next meeting of the Parish Council’s Property Committee will be held on 8 November 2022 at the Small Hall, Old School, Mill Hill at 7.30pm
Meeting ended at 20.35pm.  Assistant Clerk