Minutes - Property Committee Meeting - 11 January 2022

Draft Minutes of the Nettleham Parish Council Property Committee meeting
held on Tuesday 11 January 2022 at 7.30pm in the Old School, Small Hall
 
Present: Cllrs D Newsam (DN)(Chair), Mrs J Clayton (JC), P McNeill (PM), P Jenkinson (PJ)
Also in attendance: Cllr J Evans, Mrs D Locker (Parish Clerk), Jane Ashby (FM), Claire Ward (AC)
And one member of the public
 
The meeting commenced at 7.30pm
The Chairman of the Property Committee thanked all for attending.
 
Public Forum
A resident attended the meeting to talk about the tree guards present in Green Lane. Whilst approximately 40 were removed by the Parish Council last year there are a similar number in situ which are unsightly and should be removed. 
The Chair confirmed that this task is pending and would be completed by the end of January. 
ACTION FM
001/22.  To resolve to receive apologies and accept reasons for absence received by the Clerk,   
prior to the meeting.  
Committee were advised that apologies had been received from Cllr J Radcliffe (JR)
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: To accept apologies and reasons for absence received from Cllr J Radcliffe (JR) Unanimous
 
002/22 Disclosure of interests in accordance with the requirements of the Localism Act 2011 and to consider any requests for dispensations
None received
 
003/22 The notes of the Property Committee meeting held on 7 December 2021 to be approved as the minutes 
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: That the notes of the Property Committee meeting held on 7 December 2021 be approved as a correct record and be signed by the Chairman.  Unanimous by those present at the meeting - 1 abstention as not present 
 
004/22 Financial Matters (FM)
a) To approve/ratify recent and proposed expenditure:
Proposed Expenditure: None
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: To approve/ratify recent and proposed expenditure. Unanimous
b) To note the content of the Income & Expenditure report at 31/12/21
The contents of the income and expenditure report were noted
 
005/22 Facilities Manager Report
The Facilities manager report had been circulated and the content was noted and the following update provided:
Beck:
  • LCC do not consider any action is required to maintain the Brookfield culverts i.e. ‘whilst there is up to 15% siltation in the inverts of the pipes, this is not a concern to the Council currently’.
  • FM to clarify how much siltation would require remedial action.  ACTION FM
006/22 Working Groups (15 mins max)
To receive reports as follows:
a) Beck (PJ):
  • The beck is running well and is very clear currently
  • The second berm is currently under water
  • In Danby Hill area, the banks have been reinforced by sand bags
b) Mulsanne Park (DN):
  • There has been a re think about the layout of the kitchen which will now be bigger than was originally proposed
  • Installation of double glazing scheduled for the end of February, roof insulation survey to take place on 19 January
  • The clothes bank generated £460 last year
c) Field paths (JC):
  • Working groups will be asked to take their own notes at future meetings with the exception of the Swathe WG
  • All field paths are present and passable
d) Vicars Wood (JC):
  • Awaiting estimate from tree surgeon for works identified at meeting on 9 Decembe
e) Bishops Palace/Meadow (DN)
  • The jubilee tree will be delivered next week
  • Further discussion required regarding the exact planting location                          ACTION DN
  • A commemorative plaque will be ordered once precise wording is confirmed            ACTION PM/FM
f) Allotments (PM)
  • No further updates since the last meeting
  • Proposed to contact Emma Truelove for update re handover schedule   ACTION PM
g) Swathe (PM)
  • A list of landscape designers and architects has been compiled and will be contacted shortly and invited to supply a quotation for the design of the burial ground extension. ACTION PM
007/22 Tree matters - update (JR)
  • WLDC will be undertaking tree maintenance in the cemetery at the end of January
008/22 To discuss the creation of a wildflower meadow – Washdyke Lane
  • Kirsty Ward, Meadow Consultant has recommended testing the soil to ascertain the pH level   ACTION FM 
  • Kirsty has suggested making a number of beds might be an effective first step
  • An increase in wildflowers would be beneficial to wildlife and might reduce grass cutting fees
  • Wildflower turf is available and could be explored ACTION PJ
009/22 To discuss the planting of a conifer tree on the Village Green
  • Prices have been obtained for a 2.5 to 3m tree - £165 plus VAT, the planting cost is £210. The tree should be planted in early spring or autumn.
  • Residents around the Village Green should be consulted as planting a tree may restrict day light to properties.
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: To look into the purchase of a tree to be planted as a living Christmas tree on the village green. For 3, Against 1
 
010/22 Councillors’ Reports/Future Agenda items
None
 
011/22 Date of next meeting:
The next meeting of the Parish Council’s Property Committee will be held on 8 February 2022 at the Small Hall, Old School, Mill Hill at 7.30pm
 
Meeting ended at 20.45 pm
Assistant Clerk