Property Committee - 7 June 2022

Minutes of the Nettleham Parish Council Property Committee meeting
held on Tuesday 7 June 2022 at 7.30pm in the Old School, Small Hall
Present: Cllrs D Newsam (DN)(Chair),P Jenkinson (PJ), Mrs J Clayton (JC), P McNeill (PM), Cllr J Radcliffe (JR)
Also in attendance: Debbie Locker (Clerk), Jane Ashby (FM), Claire Ward (AC) 
And one member of the public.
The meeting commenced at 7.30pm
The Chairman of the Property Committee thanked all for attending.
Public forum
A resident attended the meeting to clarify his position regarding Vicars Wood. The resident attended the previous Property Committee meeting on 10 May to give the council notice to terminate an agreement for the resident to work in Vicars Wood.  
The resident also acknowledged the new Beech Platinum Jubilee tree that has been planted in Bishops Meadow as the original Oak tree had died.  
065/22.  To resolve to receive apologies and accept reasons for absence received by the Clerk,   
prior to the meeting.  None
066/22 Disclosure of interests in accordance with the requirements of the Localism Act 2011 and to consider any requests for dispensations. None
067/22 The notes of the Property Committee meeting held on 10 May 2022 to be approved as the minutes 
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: That the notes of the Property Committee meeting held on 10 May 2022 be approved as a correct record and be signed by the Chairman.  Unanimous 
068/22 Financial Matters (FM)
a) To approve/ratify recent and proposed expenditure:
Proposed Expenditure: 
AKO £1572.00 Extension to footpath at Mulsanne from Stirling estate to Muga entrance
Mark Cropper £400 Tree works on Maple tree in Bill Baileys at rear of resident’s property
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: To approve/ratify the recent and proposed tree work expenditure, and to recommend to Parish Council expenditure of £1572 from General Reserves to provide a foot path at Mulsanne Park from the side of the MUGA to join to existing paving slabs near the Stirling estate. Unanimous
b) To consider the income &expenditure report at 30/04/22
The contents of the income and expenditure report were noted
069/22 Facilities Manager Report
The Facilities Manager report had been circulated, the contents noted. In addition:
  • Work to implement burial ground rules to cremated remains plots has been completed. 
070/22 Working Groups (15 mins max)
To receive reports as follows:
a) Beck (PJ):
  • The water level in the beck is quite low but the weir is performing well
  • The S bends will require clearing later in the year
b) Mulsanne Park (DN):
  • The refurbishment is progressing with new radiators installed and the referee’s room completed.
  • Prices and provisional dates have been given for the remainder of the work.
  • The FA have extended the period for completing the refurbishment until December 2022
c) Field paths (JC):
  • A number of maintenance issues have been reported which have now been dealt with
d) Vicars Wood (JC):
  • Nothing to report
  • FM to get a price for replacing the footpath through Vicars Wood ACTION FM
e) Bishop’s Palace/Meadow (MH)
  • Nothing to report
f) Allotments (PM)
  • There are no further updates regarding the handover of the new allotment site
  • It was agreed to email plot holders and those on the waiting list to advise them of the current situation. ACTION FM
g) Swathe (PM)
  • Awaiting a date for a meeting to select a preferred cemetery design consultant for the Swathe extension. ACTION DL/PM
071/22 Tree matters - update (JR)
  • Mark Cropper has been asked to provide a quote for removing the dead tree in Wold View.
  • FM to research responsibility for the tree ACTION FM
072/22 To consider allocations to Earmarked Reserve balances 
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: To move item 8 on the agenda to follow item 12.  Unanimous 
073/22 To review and update the five year capital programme
  • Councillors discussed the five year capital programme and made recommendations for expenditure over the next five years. Councillors to consider further projects required for the five year plan ACTION ALL COUNCILLORS
074/22 To consider purchase of additional speed indicator units for the Parish (JR)
  • Councillors discussed the purchase and siting of two new solar powered speed indicator units to be sited on Washdyke Lane and Deepdale Lane. 
  • Enquiries are to be made to establish whether the units have to be moved around or can remain in one location
  • Cllr Radcliffe to contact Lincolnshire Road Safety Partnership ACTION JR
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: To recommend to full council the purchase of 2 new speed indicator units at a cost of up to £5000 subject to LCC approval and a recommendation from Lincs Road Safety Partnership. Unanimous 
075/22 To consider purchase of current/former Parish Council Chairman display board (PJ)
  • The committee discussed the purchase of a display board, and it was agreed that more information was required.
  • Cllr Jenkinson agreed to research design options and prices and report back ACTION PJ
076/22 To consider purchase and siting of Outdoor Gym Equipment (PJ)
  • Following discussion it was agreed that this issue would be included in the forthcoming review of play areas. ACTION DN
077/22 To consider allocations to Earmarked Reserve balances 
  • Following the review  of the five year capital programme councillors discussed allocations to Earmarked Reserve balances and agreed to recommend to Parish Council to transfer funds from General Reserves to Earmarked Reserves:
  • Mulsanne Play area EMR - £10,000
  • Larch Ave Play area EMR - £10,000
  • Tennis maintenance fund (for fencing) EMR - £5,000
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: To recommend to Parish Council to transfer from General Reserves £10,000 to Mulsanne Play area EMR, £10,000 to Larch Ave play area EMR and £5,000 to Tennis maintenance fund (for fencing) EMR. Unanimous
078/22 To consider extending ‘No Mow June’ at the Swathe and other areas
The committee considered a request to extend ‘No Mow June’ in certain areas of the village however it was felt that this was not appropriate.
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: Not to extend the ‘No Mow’ initiative into June.  Unanimous 
079/22 Correspondence
a) To consider resident’s concerns about the height of trees at Mulsanne backing on to property blocking out afternoon sun.
  • Councillors considered the issue raised by the resident but did not agree that there was a need to reduce the height of the trees . Should the resident themselves wish to have the height of the trees reduced the Parish Council will gladly consider the request. 
  • FM to write to resident to convey the committee’s decision       ACTION FM
080/22 Councillors’ Reports/Future agenda items
  • Election of a vice chairperson (DN)
  • To confirm membership of working groups(DN)
081/22 Date of next meeting:
The next meeting of the Parish Council’s Property Committee will be held on 5 July 2022 at the Small Hall, Old School, Mill Hill at 7.30pm
Meeting ended at 21.50pm.  Assistant Clerk