Property Committee - 10 May 2022

Minutes of the Nettleham Parish Council Property Committee meeting
held on Tuesday 10 May 2022 at 7.30pm in the Old School, Small Hall
Present: Cllrs D Newsam (DN)(Chair),P Jenkinson (PJ), Mrs J Clayton (JC), P McNeill (PM), Cllr J Radcliffe (JR)
Also in attendance: Debbie Locker (Clerk), Jane Ashby (FM), Claire Ward (AC) 
And one member of the public.
The meeting commenced at 7.30pm
The Chairman of the Property Committee thanked all for attending.
Public forum
A resident attended the meeting, to resign as a volunteer at Vicar’s Wood giving the council one month’s notice. The Committee noted that the resident had been a volunteer since 2007 and their contribution was acknowledged.
050/22.  To resolve to receive apologies and accept reasons for absence received by the Clerk,   
prior to the meeting.  None
051/22 Disclosure of interests in accordance with the requirements of the Localism Act 2011 and to consider any requests for dispensations. None
052/22 The notes of the Property Committee meeting held on 5 April 2022 to be approved as the minutes 
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: That the notes of the Property Committee meeting held on 5 April 2022 be approved as a correct record and be signed by the Chairman.  Unanimous 
053/22 Financial Matters (FM)
a) To approve/ratify recent and proposed expenditure:
Proposed Expenditure: 
Rudies Roots £801.84 - Village Summer Planting
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: To approve/ratify recent and proposed expenditure. Unanimous
b) To consider the income &expenditure report at 31/03/22
The contents of the income and expenditure report were noted
054/22 Facilities Manager Report
The Facilities Manager report had been circulated, the contents noted. In addition:
  • Still waiting for an allotment handover update from Truelove Construction
  • The MOT for the abandoned vehicle opposite the Old School expires on 17 May but it is taxed until December.
  • FM to email Jackie Parker (PCSO) about getting the car removed.   ACTION FM
055/22 Working Groups (15 mins max)
To receive reports as follows:
a) Beck (PJ):
  • A meeting of the Beck Working Group took place on 9 May 2022
  • The group plan to write to riparian owners about their responsibility for maintaining the Beck
  • The group have requested information about the current Action Plan for flooding in the village  
  • PJ to contact Cllr A. White   ACTION PJ
  • The middle weir has been installed and the depth of the water has increased
b) Mulsanne Park (DN)
  • The refurbishment has been further delayed by the contractor’s ill health
  • It’s planned to install the boiler w.c. 16 May
  • Some making good has been undertaken and the building is fully functional
  • A scramble trail for children is being planned
  • The cricket season has started and junior training is very well attended
c) Field paths (JC):
  • No issues to raise
d) Vicars Wood (JC):
  • Waiting for the sycamore tree to be trimmed
  • The woodland is looking very attractive at the moment
e) Bishop’s Palace/Meadow (DN)
  • An article has appeared in Nettleham Matters about the unveiling of the Platinum jubilee tree plaque.
f) Allotments (PM)
  • There has been no update from Truelove about the proposed handover date for the new allotment site
g) Swathe (PM)
  • Awaiting a date to be agreed for a confirmation meeting between the preferred contractor and the Swathe Working Group. ACTION PM
056/22 Tree matters - update (JR)
  • Bishop’s Meadow - Tree no. 8, a Paul Scarlett Hawthorne has been trimmed to remove suckering at the base
057/22 To consider Earmarked Reserve balances at 31.3.22
  • Councillors discussed the Earmarked Reserve balances and potential future expenditure.
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: To recommend to the Parish Council the transfer of £15,000 from the general reserve to the Swathe earmarked reserve. Unanimous
  • Other projects were discussed and will be brought forward to a future meeting for discussion   ACTION: ALL COUNCILLORS
058/22 To review and update the five year capital programme
  • Councillors discussed the five year capital programme and agreed to review the information and come back with recommendations to the next meeting of the Property Committee on 7 June 2022.   ACTION ALL COUNCILLORS
059/22 To discuss next steps at the Old Quarry wildflower meadow (PJ)
  • Cllr Jenkinson would like to convene a meeting between interested parties to develop an action plan to progress the wildflower meadow. ACTION PJ
060/22 To discuss entering East Midlands in Bloom in 2023 (JR)
  • Councillors discussed the option to enter the competition in 2023. Nettleham would take part in the small town category and cost would be £20. It was felt that the Nettleham gardening association should be invited to become involved
  • JR to write to Nettleham gardening association  ACTION JR
061/22 To discuss security provision for the village (DN)
  • Cllr Newsam has attended a meeting with Jackie Parker (PCSO) to discuss improving security in the village. Introducing CCTV to monitor anti-social behaviour at Mulsanne Park was discussed.
  • Cllr Newsam to provide feedback to the Parish Council at the next meeting      ACTION DN 
062/22 Correspondence
a) To discuss request to cut back trees on Green Lane
Residents have expressed concern about the impact of only reducing one side of the trees on Green Lane.
  • Mark Cropper to be consulted about the best course of action ACTION FM
b) To request permission to add plaque to replacement striped beefing apple tree in Bishop’s Meadow.
The donor of the replacement apple tree in Bishop’s Meadow orchard has requested the addition of a small memorial plaque to the tree identification stake.
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: to give permission for a small memorial plaque to be added to the tree identification stake. Unanimous 
063/22 Councillors’ Reports/Future agenda items
  • Five year plan (DN)
  • Parish Council Chairmen/women - Roll of honour (PJ)
  • Village inspections – provisionally 11 June 9.30 (DN)
064/22 Date of next meeting:
The next meeting of the Parish Council’s Property Committee will be held on 7 June 2022 at the Small Hall, Old School, Mill Hill at 7.30pm
Meeting ended at 21.20pm.  Assistant Clerk