Property Committee 4 April 2023

Minutes of the Nettleham Parish Council Property Committee meeting
held on Tuesday 4 April at 7.30pm in the Small Hall, Old School
Present: Cllrs D Newsam (DN)(Chair), Mrs J Clayton (JC), P. Jenkinson (PJ) (Vice Chair), P. McNeill (PM)
Also in attendance: Jane Ashby(FM), Claire Ward (AC), Cllr A. White (AW) & Cllr J. Evans (JE)
The meeting commenced at 7.30pm
The Chairman of the Property Committee thanked all for attending.
Public forum
037/23 To resolve to receive apologies and accept reasons for absence received by the Clerk,   
prior to the meeting. 
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: To accept apologies and reasons for absence received from Cllr Radcliffe. Unanimous
038/23 Disclosure of interests in accordance with the requirements of the Localism Act 2011 and to consider any requests for dispensations. None
039/23 The notes of the Property Committee meeting held on 7 March 2023 be approved as the minutes 
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: That the notes of the Property Committee meeting held on 7 March 2023, with one minor amendment, be approved as a correct record and be signed by the Chairman.  Unanimous.
040/23 Financial Matters (FM)
a) To approve/ratify recent and proposed expenditure: 
HCG £570.00 Gas Annual service OSLH kitchen         
James Heath £132.95 Replacement Emergency Lighting after Annual Check                         
TR  Westons £102.00 Security brackets for memorial bench replacement Bill Baileys           
Sign Shop £30.00 Additional magnetic sign for rear of works van                                       
ESPO £77.40 3 x internal Recycling bins Mulsanne Pavilion                                       
VW Finance £155.00 End of contract Scratched Bumper/missing wheel socket                     
Mark Cropper £255.00 Fell Crab Apple at PO/Log & Chip fallen tree MP & chip brash VW                                         
Amazon £77.38 Tree loppers          
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: To approve/ratify recent and proposed expenditure. Unanimous
b) To consider the income and expenditure report as at 30/03/23 – noted
041/23 Facilities Manager Report
The Facilities Manager report had been circulated, the contents noted.
  • The former Parish Council chairman board can now be ordered ACTION FM
042/23 Working Groups (15 mins max)
To receive reports as follows:
a) Beck (PJ)
  • The water is flowing well thanks to the recent rainfall
  • The weir can now be installed when appropriate
  • The bridge debris at Danby Hill has not yet been cleared
b) Mulsanne Park (DN)
  • The refurbishment is almost finished, just some painting left to do
  • The insulation is making a big difference to the temperature in the pavilion
  • The solar panels are working well
  • Cricket season starts next week, there will be matches every Saturday and most Sundays, during the week there will be midweek matches, junior matches and training sessions from Monday to Thursday plus every Friday ‘Junior Nights’.
c) Field paths (JC)
  • Nothing to report, all previous actions have been completed
d) Vicars Wood (JC)
  • Two working parties have taken place
  • Another pile of brush has been gathered
  •  Additional information about the quotes for replacing the path has not been received
e) Bishop’s Palace/Meadow (PM)
  • Nothing to report
  • A volunteer has trimmed the apple trees
  • It is hoped to remind residents not to pick unripe fruit in an article in Nettleham matters
f) Allotments (PM)
  • Nothing to report
  • The site will be strimmed soon
  • A new tap is required                                                                                            ACTION FM
g) Swathe(PM)
  • Next meeting with the designer is on Friday 28 April.
043/23 Tree matters - update (JR)
  • Nothing to report
044/23 To receive quotes for baseline tree/ecology assessments – (JC)
  • Councillors considered the 5 quotes received for baseline tree/ecology assessments of Green Lane, and selected two separate organisations, one to undertake the ecology survey (fee £237.00), and the other to undertake the tree survey (fee £600). 
  • FM to write to the contractors and invite them to undertake the assessments      ACTION FM
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: To accept 2 of the quotes for baseline tree/ecology assessments of Green Lane and instruct the contractors to go ahead the relevant surveys. Unanimous
045/23 To receive Play Areas Annual inspection reports – (FM)
  • Morral Play Services have now inspected all the play areas in the village and reported back to the Facilities Manager. It is recommended that consideration should be made to replace the fort in Bill Baileys play area. Routine maintenance is required to a number of gates and all areas require moss removal. 
  • Recommendations to be added to actions arising from village inspection      ACTION FM
046/23 Councillors’ Reports/Future agenda items    
Those councillors not standing for re-election wanted to put on record their appreciation for sterling work done by the chair of the Property Committee, Cllr D. Newsam and to acknowledge the time and effort he has personally put into the refurbishment of Mulsanne Pavilion.
All the Councillors on Property Committee were thanked for their commitment and contributions.
Future agenda items:
  • Play equipment review 
  • Bus shelters 
  • Speed reduction initiatives (White gates) 
  • Swathe update 
035/23 Date of next meeting:
The next meeting of the Parish Council’s Property Committee will be held on 6 June 2023 at 7.30pm