Property Committee 7 March 2023

Minutes of the Nettleham Parish Council Property Committee meeting
held on Tuesday 7 March at 7.30pm in the Small Hall, Old School
Present: Cllrs D Newsam (DN)(Chair), Mrs J Clayton (JC), P. Jenkinson (PJ) (Vice Chair), J.Radcliffe (JR), P. McNeill (PM)
Also in attendance: Jane Ashby(FM), Claire Ward (AC), Cllr A. White (AW) & Cllr J. Evans (JE) and a member of the public.
The meeting commenced at 7.30pm
The Chairman of the Property Committee thanked all for attending.
Public forum
A resident attended the meeting to draw attention to the Vicar’s Wood Management Plan – version 8, September 2020. The principles of the plan include ‘encouraging wildlife by gradually reducing the number of exotic trees and shrubs in favour of native plants’. It has been confirmed that the new crab apple is a native variety.  
In addition the resident noted a pile of pruning’s awaiting disposal and recommended the pile is relocated before the bluebells come into growth.
026/23 To resolve to receive apologies and accept reasons for absence received by the Assistant Clerk,   
prior to the meeting. None
027/23 Disclosure of interests in accordance with the requirements of the Localism Act 2011 and to consider any requests for dispensations. None
028/23 The notes of the Property Committee meeting held on 7 February 2023 be approved as the minutes 
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: That the notes of the Property Committee meeting held on 7 February 2023, be approved as a correct record and be signed by the Chairman.  Unanimous by those who were present.
029/23 Financial Matters (FM)
a) To approve/ratify recent and proposed expenditure: 
James Heath £89.50   New PIR floodlight installed over Meeting Room door
B Knights £41.16   Lincolnshire Fencing Rails                                                                  
British Hardwood Tree Nursery £76.50 Tree whips                                                                                           
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: To approve/ratify recent and proposed expenditure. Unanimous
b) To consider the income and expenditure report as at 28/02/23 – noted
030/23 Facilities Manager Report
The Facilities Manager report had been circulated, the contents noted.
  • Following the arrival of the new electric works van it was suggested that a further magnetic sign was purchased for the rear of the vehicle. ACTION FM
031/23 Working Groups (15 mins max)
To receive reports as follows:
a) Beck (PJ)
  • Water levels are low due to the lack of rain since November 2022
  • A brick parapet on the footpath/cycle route near Danby Hill has fallen into the beck and been reported to LCC highways. It is not interfering with the flow of water at the moment. 
  • The damaged post for weir three has been replaced, the weir itself can’t be put in until after 1 April.
b) Mulsanne Park (DN)
  • Roof insulation is taking place this week
  • Some further interior painting is required
  • The solar panels have so far generated 557kw
  • The floor scrubber ‘squeegees’ have finally arrived
  • The football club are seeking funding from the FA to improve the football pitches as part of a 7 year programme 
  • A concrete base will be installed under the boot scrapper 
c) Field paths (JC)
  • A meeting of the working group took place on 22 February
  • Enquiries have been made about placing benches on field paths
d) Vicars Wood (JC)
  • The working party will meet to undertake further seasonal maintenance when the weather improves
e) Bishop’s Palace/Meadow (PM)
  • Nothing to report
f) Allotments (PM)
  • It is proposed to hold a meeting with current allotment holders in June
  • The Facilities Manager was asked to check the fencing specification to be inspected to ensure that it is suitable for enclosing an allotment site, where rabbits are present.          ACTION FM
g) Swathe(PM)
  • There was a meeting on 28 February at which the geological report, prepared for the planning application, was further discussed in relation to accommodating double depth burials.
  • Taking into account the geology of the site, and the adjustments required to enable double depth burial it was agreed that this was not a requirement at the present time, but could be revisited in the future.
  • A further meeting with the designer has been scheduled for 24 March to discuss contractors and time scales.
032/23 Tree matters - update (JR)
  • There is a broken branch on a tree opposite Linelands.           ACTION FM
033/23 To discuss Village Inspection – (DN)
  • Councillors discussed the annual village inspection and agreed to undertake an inspection of their patch and report back to the Facilities Manager before the next meeting on the 4 April. 
034/23 Councillors’ Reports/Future agenda items    
  • Swathe update (PM)
035/23 Date of next meeting:
The next meeting of the Parish Council’s Property Committee will be held on 4 April 2023 at 7.30pm
036/23 To resolve whether to move into closed session and exclude the public and press, in 
accordance with the Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960, due to the 
commercial or sensitive nature of business to be discussed
At 8.15 pm it was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED:  To move into closed session.  Unanimous
A member of the public left the meeting room.
037/23.  Closed session items:
a) To receive an update on Green lane – (JC)
  • The draft notes of the Green Lane Working Party meeting held on the 14 February were discussed.
  • Councillors considered a quote that had been received for some remedial tree work to be undertaken as part of the Green Lane improvement programme.
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: To accept the quote for remedial tree work to be undertaken as part of the Green Lane improvement programme.  Unanimous. ACTION FM
Meeting ended at 8.20pm.  Assistant Clerk