Minutes - Property Committee - 4 May 2021

Minutes of the Nettleham Parish Council Property Committee meeting
Held on Tuesday 4 May 2021 at 7.30pm via Zoom online video conferencing
Present:  Cllrs D Newsam (DN) (Chair), Mrs J Clayton (JC); P McNeill (PM); Cllr P Jenkinson (PJ)
Also in attendance: Cllr J Evans (JE) (ex officio); Cllr J Barrett (JB); Mrs D Locker (Parish Clerk), Jane Ashby (Facilities Assistant) & 1 member of the public
Meeting commenced at 7.30pm
All were thanked for attending.
049/21 To resolve to receive apologies and accept reasons for absence: Cllr J Radcliffe.
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: To accept the reason for apologies received from Cllr Radcliffe.  Unanimous
050/21 Disclosure of interests in accordance with the requirements of the Localism Act 2011 and to consider any requests for dispensations .None received.
051/21 The notes of the Property Committee meeting held on 30 March 2021 to be approved as the minutes 
It was proposed, seconded and
AGREED:That following minor amendments, the notes of the Property Committee meeting held on 30 March 2021 be approved as a correct record and be signed by the Chairman. Unanimous
052/21 Financial Matters 
a) To approve recent/proposed expenditure:
Ratification of expenditure: 
  • Wicks - £44.25 for sundry items to maintain village benches & for electric cable reel;
  • B&Q - £65.83 for sundry items to maintain village benches – wood oil and stain.
Proposed expenditure:
  • Village summer planting - £670.30;
  • Supply Prunus Triloba memorial flowering cherry tree (to be reimbursed by resident) - £24;
It was proposed, seconded and
AGREED: To approve recent/proposed expenditure. Unanimous
Further quotations to be sought for moving the street snooker in MUGA
b) To consider the Earmarked Reserves monitoring report as at 31/03/21
The contents of the report were noted.  It was proposed, seconded and
AGREED:  Recommendation to full Council is to transfer the sum of £1,971 from the Village Hall reserve to the Swathe Earmarked Reserve.  Unanimous.
053/21 Facilities Manager Report:
The Facilities Manager report had been circulated and the following updates provided:
  • Quotations are currently being sought to purchase 1 x wooden bench to erect at Bill Bailey’s Playing field as Joe Siddall memorial bench and 
  • Quotations for two further benches (recycled materials) for erection at Bishops Meadow are sought – with reimbursement due from the families as memorial benches
ACTION: Facilities Manager to bring quotations back to future meeting of Property Committee;
054/21 Working Groups 
To receive reports as follows:
a) Beck 
  • One of the weirs has now been re-fitted in the village beck; remedial works are required before the other two weirs are replaced;
  • The next meeting of the Beck WG has been arranged for 5/7/21 at 2pm – Small Hall, Old School;
  • The Beck Management Plan was considered at the last meeting of the Parish Council held on 30/4/21 and was referred back to the working group to undergo further review;
b) Swathe 
i) To receive an update from meeting of Swathe Working Group held 15 March 2021 
No further updates received.
ii)  To discuss submission of outline planning application for use of the Swathe as a burial site
Approval secured from the Parish Council 20/04/21 to submit outline planning application for the site.  Some initial outline designs to be sought for use of the Swathe as a burial site.  
c) Mulsanne Park 
i) To receive any feedback from University of Lincoln regarding ditch on southern boundary 
Feedback received from the University is that they are currently seeking prices for clearing of the drainage ditch and boundary.
ii) To receive update on the improvements to the pavilion
Quotations are currently being sought for plumbing works and for associated improvements to the changing areas to include within any proposed grant funding applications to the Football Association and West Lindsey District Council; although match funding would also be required, from the Parish Council if these applications are successful.  It was raised that further publicity opportunities to promote the Council’s facilities available to hire, at Mulsanne Park should be explored.  
ACTION: FM/Assistant Clerk 
iii) To consider a request to reposition the ‘ball target area’ at the multi-use games area
Committee heard that a local resident had contacted the Council to request consideration for increasing the height the fence near the ‘street football’ area in the MUGA or for moving the equipment, because balls are being kicked into their garden.  It was agreed that further quotations will be sought and further consideration be given to the resident’s request.
ACTION:  FM – additional quotations to be brought back to a future meeting.
d) Field paths 
i) To receive any field paths’ report as required
No further meetings have taken place.  During discussion it was raised that the width of the new field path (rear of church) is narrow at approximately 1.5 metres compared with other field edge bridleways typically at 3 metre width.
ACTION:  DN to liaise with the land owner to discuss potential to widen the path width
ii) To receive any feedback on the two Go Jauntly village walks 
Data suggests that between 31/3/21 – 20/4/21, 46 completed the Go Jauntly route.  Further publicity opportunities will be developed to promote the use of the Go Jauntly app. during the Summer.
ACTION: JC & Cllr Porter to develop publicity material.  
e) Allotments 
i) To ratify acceptance of amended allotment site plan, off Scothern Rd, from the developer
Whilst the most recent plan submitted to Council, from the developer, sets out provision of 3 extra allotment plots on the 6 meter bank area it also requires further amendment to include provision of a gate and fencing with access to allotments via the plot holder brick sheds.  The car park will also be moved to the top corner near to plot 21 & 27 on the plan.  Lincolnshire fencing will be erected with mesh, to a height of approximately 4 feet.
ACTION: PM to liaise with the developer to seek estimated on site date/access plan final allotment layout plan.
f) Vicars Wood
i) To receive any update as required
None received.
g) Play Equipment
i) To receive any update as required
ACTION:  FM to arrange quotations for laying of slabs to form a step to the entrance to the play area entrance and also for provision of handrail to assist with access.
055/21 To receive update reports regarding:
a) Any matters requiring attention as the Covid 19 situation changes
Committee were advised that clarification had been sought from the Licencing team at WLDC about lifting of restrictions for use of the Council’s hirer facilities, with effect from 17 May 2021 as follows:
  • for exercise classes (with 2 metre distancing between individuals) and 
  • for groups of 6 individuals (or 2 households) subject to 2 meters distancing between each group and 
  • up to associated maximum covid-19 assessment related capacity levels.
ACTION: Clerk to arrange to notify hirers of the revised relaxation to restrictions in force from 17/5/21.
056/21To consider the following items
a) To consider progress against actions identified Village Inspection - January 2021
Progress against the actions identified was noted.
057/21 Tree matters (JR)
a) To receive a general update
Following receipt of the contractor’s tree inspection report, schedule of works required and tree location maps, an associated tree works action plan was developed and presented by Cllr Radcliffe.
b) To consider summer tree works on Council land
The list of required tree works was considered.
ACTION: FM to seek quotations from contractors, to undertake the tree works as identified.
c) To set the cap for virement of unspent tree budget, at year end, to the new Tree Earmarked reserve
Following discussion, it was proposed, seconded and
AGREED:  To recommend to full Council that any underspend be vired to a new Tree Works 
Earmarked Reserve which will be capped at £5,000.  Any further tree budget underspend to revert back to the General Reserve.  Unanimous
058/21 Councillors’ Reports/Future Agenda items
  • To set date(s) to undertake the next village inspection
  • To consider unallocated reserves
  • To consider a revised Beck Management Plan
059/21 Date of next meeting.
The next meeting of the Parish Council’s Property Committee will be held on 8 June 2021 at the Small Hall, Old School, Mill Hill at 7.30pm
Meeting ended at 21.26pm.