Minutes - Property Committee - 8 June 2021

Draft Minutes of the Nettleham Parish Council Property Committee meeting
Held on Tuesday 8 June 2021 at 7.30pm in the Old School, Small hall
Present:  Cllrs D Newsam (DN) (Chair), Mrs J Clayton (JC); P McNeill (PM); Cllr P Jenkinson (PJ); Cllr J Radcliffe, 
Also in attendance: Cllr J Barrett (JB); Mrs D Locker (Parish Clerk), Jane Ashby (Facilities Manager) & Claire Ward (Assistant Parish Clerk)
The meeting commenced at 7.35pm
All were thanked for attending.
060/21To resolve to receive apologies and accept reasons for absence: Cllr J Evans (ex officio)
061/21 Disclosure of interests in accordance with the requirements of the Localism Act 2011 and to consider any requests for dispensations
None received
062/21 The notes of the Property Committee meeting held on 4 May 2021 to be approved as the minutes 
It was proposed, seconded and AGREED: that the notes of the Property Committee meeting held on 4 May 2021 be approved as a correct record and be signed by the chairman.
Unanimous by those who were present at that meeting
063/21 Financial Matters (FM)
To approve recent/proposed expenditure:
Ratification of expenditure:
  • Wickes - £13.20 + vat Patio magic
  • Tucann - £90 + vat 3 x adverts for OS hire Nettleham matters July-Sept 2021
  • Clean sweep commercial - £70.00 + vat Once a week cleaning MP and OS
  • RPN plumbing, heating - £58.24 Re-inspection of gas water heater, kitchen LH
  • P Elsom - £40.00 Window cleaning  - OS & MP
  • Waitrose - £15.36 Fuel for mower
  • Wickes - £13.95 Gutter parts for MP
Proposed expenditure: None
It was proposed, seconded and AGREED: To approve recent/proposed expenditure. Unanimous
064/21 Facilities Manager Report
The Facilities manager report had been circulated and the following updates provided:
  • Pavilion – re installation of a smart meter - still awaited by utility company 
  • Mulsanne Park – see item 6
  • Old school – re smart meter, still awaited by utility company 
  • Annual gas servicing – completed
  • 5 yr. electrical test – awaiting invoice
  • Tool service – completed
  • Bishops Palace – benches x 2, quotes received
  • Bishops meadow – await quote for 2nd sign, a round one might be better?       ACTION JA
  • Burial ground – further topple test and photos to be arranged
  • Trees – once licence for trimming walnut tree granted, quotes for that and silver birches at MP will be obtained        ACTION JA
065/21 Working Groups (15 mins max)
To receive reports as follows:
a) Beck (PJ):
  • Currently 2 vacancies on the group
  • Advertise for new members on FB and noticeboard        ACTION DL
  • Next meeting scheduled 5 July 2pm Old School small hall
  • Beck management plan to be discussed
b) Swathe (PM):
  • Planning application has been submitted, for use of the Swathe as a burial ground.
  • Planning officer required two further documents, one has subsequently been submitted the other will be shortly
  • Hope to have a decision in time for Sept PC meeting
c) Mulsanne Park (DN):
i) To consider a request received from University of Lincoln to contribute to ditch clearance
A Meeting with the university took place and quotes for ditch clearance have been obtained (£2200).  The university has requested a contribution, from the Parish Council. 
Following discussion, it was proposed, seconded and AGREED: To approve a contribution of £500 towards the ditch clearance at MP.  Unanimous
ii) Mulsanne Pavilion refurb – awaiting quotes
d) Field paths (JC):
  • No issues to report, field paths have been cut
  • Email received from Truelove Developers requesting a meeting to discuss current and future footpaths in Nettleham 
  • Signage – Cllr Porter believes it is down to the landowner to put signs up where walkers are known to stray onto private land.
e) Allotments (PM):
  • PM has been in contact with Emma Truelove, regarding the previous plan which was rejected due to access arrangements and there being no gate.
  • A gate has now been added to the proposals
  • The developer is aiming for handover beginning September 2021
  • Annual allotment rental charges commence in October each year.
  • A new tenancy agreement has been written and is with the Council’s Honorary Legal Adviser for approval
f) Vicars Wood (JC):
  • Nothing to report
  • The Council’s Village Handy Person has strimmed paths
  • Some sections of fencing need replacing       ACTION JA
g) Play Equipment (DN)
  • The councils working group due to meet soon
  • A sign is required in Bill Baileys to explain to users about the creation of the maze and also that it is not accessible for dogs or dog walkers. ACTION JA
  • Ideas have been put forward for the installation of a scramble track in the trees at Mulsanne Park.
  • Proposals to be brought back to Property Committee at a later date.                  ACTION DN
066/21 To set dates to undertake the next village inspection
Committee discussed undertaking the village inspection in pairs, groups or individually and how often it should take place. Pairs were considered the best option for a winter inspection plus a further group inspection in the summer.
DN to identify suitable date, probably Monday or Thursday AM.                           ACTION DN
067/21 To consider allocation of unallocated reserves
Committee discussed allocation of last year’s underspend of budget which was assisted by receiving government grants to the sum of £20k via WLDC. During a discussion several options were discussed to include:
Allocate £10k to replace the van later on this year (lease or buy?), if not required because the new van is leased, transfer money to the swathe. Remaining £10k could be put towards replacing the fort in Bill Baileys or rebuilding the Old School boundary wall and installing engraved footpath signs with route maps on them to encourage walkers to stick to the paths. Costs are required for all these options and further discussion will take place at the next committee meeting in July.      ACTION DN           
068/21 Tree matters (JR)
a) To discuss options for weed control around trees
Councillors considered a letter from the grass cutting contractor discussing the proposal to spray around trees rather than strimming which can damage the bark. Councillors set out their concerns about the potential environmental impact of unnecessary spraying.
The contractor to be advised of the committee’s decision                                  ACTION JA
b) Sudbrooke Lane
DN mentioned that grass cutting is stopping short of the village boundary in Sudbrooke lane. Facilities Manager to raise this matter with the Council’s grass cutting contractor.      ACTION JA
069/21 Correspondence
i) To consider request to extend the field path network
The clerk has recently spoken to the resident concerned and explained that as the Parish Council are not the landowners we are unable to extend the field path network, without the landowner’s approval. The Parish Council continue to have a dialogue with landowners about the field path network, which may also be provided as part of future housing development. JA to write to resident and thank them for their interest & (cc to Nettleham Neighbourhood Planning group).      ACTION JA                            
ii) Update – request to site an alternative variety of memorial tree on Church Street
A resident has requested that an edible cherry tree is planted on Church Street and following a discussion about the options councillors agreed that a Morello cherry tree would be a suitable replacement.
Facilities Manager to write to resident to arrange supply and planting of a tree in the autumn.                 ACTION JA
070/21 Councillors’ Reports/Future Agenda items
  • Exercise equipment for adults at MP (PJ)
  • Allocation of underspend to Earmarked Reserves (DN)
071/21 Date of next meeting:
The next meeting of the Parish Council’s Property Committee will be held on 6 July 2021 at the Small Hall, Old School, Mill Hill at 7.30pm
Meeting ended at 21.00 pm