Minutes - Property Committee - 9 November 2021

Minutes of the Nettleham Parish Council Property Committee meeting
held on Tuesday 9 November 2021 at 7.30pm in the Old School, Small Hall
Present: Cllrs D Newsam (DN)(Chair), P Jenkinson (PJ), Mrs J Clayton (JC), P McNeill (PM), Cllr J Radcliffe (JR)
Also in attendance: Cllr J Evans, Mrs D Locker (Parish Clerk), Jane Ashby (FM), Claire Ward (AC) plus 1 member of the public
The meeting commenced at 7.35pm
The Chairman of the Property Committee thanked all for attending.
117/21.  To resolve to receive apologies and accept reasons for absence received by the Clerk,   
prior to the meeting.  
None received
118/21 Disclosure of interests in accordance with the requirements of the Localism Act 2011 and to consider any requests for dispensations
None received
119/21 The notes of the Property Committee meeting held on 5 October 2021 to be approved as the minutes 
Following a minor amendment to item 103/21 c, it was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: that the notes of the Property Committee meeting held on 5 October 2021 be approved as a correct record and be signed by the Chairman.  Unanimous
120/21 Financial Matters (FM)
a. To approve/ratify recent and proposed expenditure:
Proposed Expenditure:
£789.98 Winter planting displays
£420.00 Annual Play Equipment Inspections
£854.00 Recommended remedial works - Legionella Health & safety report
£132.00 Remove 3 dead Cherry trees and one dead birch tree Mulsanne
£222.00 Cutting back Walnut Tree on Village Green
£570.00 Crown lift Sycamore on boundary and cut back from property Bill Baileys
£648.00 Cutting Hedging and vegetation Orchard way/Wold View
£900.00 Cutting Vegetation, Hedging, Lifting branches on 7 x Birch trees, 1x Willow on Riverdale
£480.00 Cutting Hedging/Vegetation along footpath to Tennis courts & trimming back shrubbery MP
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: To approve/ratify recent and proposed expenditure. Unanimous
b. To note the content of the Income & Expenditure report at 31/10/21
The contents of the income and expenditure report were noted
121/21 Facilities Manager Report
The Facilities manager report had been circulated and the content was noted and the following updates provided:
- The free of charge grass cut has taken place
- Emergency lighting, fire alarms and PAT testing has been scheduled for 22 November 
- Quotes for tree reduction in Bill Baileys have been received
- It has not been possible to acquire a heritage striped beefing apple tree for planting in the heritage orchard (Bishops Palace) this autumn. If the tree is ordered in July 2022 it will be delivered the following November.
- Delivery of the memorial bench for Joe Siddall has been delayed
122/21 To discuss fees and charges for 2022/23
Councillors discussed current hire rates for the use of Parish Council premises. A new stand-alone fee of £10 per hour for the large hall kitchen has been proposed. 
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: To recommend to the Parish Council that fees and charges remain unchanged for 
2022/23 and a fee of £10 per hour for the large hall kitchen be introduced.   Unanimous 
123/21 To discuss the budget requirement for 2022/23                                                            
Councillors discussed the budget requirement for 2022/23 & noted an allocation of £2000 for the Climate Change group. Other budget areas highlighted for new funding are the provision of tools and PPE.
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: To recommend acceptance of the budget proposals by the Parish Council. Unanimous
124/21 To discuss provision for earmarked reserves for 2022/23 
The committee discussed provision of earmarked reserves for 2022/23. It was noted that the outcome of the bid for an FA grant towards the refurbishment of Mulsanne pavilion is still awaited. Further grant applications will follow for example to enable the purchase of outdoor exercise equipment. A new budget allocation of £1000 was also included for expenditure at Minster fields.
Further items which require additional funding include:
- Painting the village play equipment
- New play fort for Bill Baileys
- Heating and boiler replacement in the large hall
- LED lights in the small hall
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: To recommend acceptance of the provision for earmarked reserves, by the Parish Council. Unanimous
Mulsanne Pavilion refurbishment:
The Chairman requested permission to move forward with the Mulsanne pavilion refurbishment and raised the following points:
- £8000 already agreed by WLDC providing FA grant is approved
- The boiler is currently out of use
- Male toilet floor and cubicles need replacing urgently
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: To proceed with the refurbishment of Mulsanne pavilion subject to confirmation of the outcome of the bid application submitted to the Football Association. Unanimous
125/21 To discuss feedback & actions report following Legionella risk assessment of premises
Councillors considered the recommendations detailed in the report following the legionella risk assessment and agreed that the work required should be undertaken as soon as possible. ACTION FM
126/21 To consider design and quotations for supply of picnic benches at Bill Baileys
The committee considered designs for picnic benches and discussed the need for a suitable pad or slab for the bench to sit on. Councillors felt the 8’ bench from J. Knight was most suitable.
The selected bench to be recommended to the donor plus the cost of a concrete pad.   ACTION FM
127/21 Working Groups (15 mins max)
To receive reports as follows:
a) Beck (PJ):
  • A meeting took place on 18 October 2021 at 2PM and the draft Beck Management plan was discussed.
  • An article about the berms featured in Nettleham Matters last month.
  • The second and only weir in situ has been removed in line with the licence conditions
  • FM staff and councillors have undertaken substantial clearing of vegetation in the beck.
  • The land owner has been contacted about clearing the beck area at the S bends but is reluctant to instigate further clearing due to difficulties last time this was attempted
  • Brookfield Ave culvert requires clearing beneath the bridge. FM to contact LCC and Cllr Jackie Brockway to report this issue.   ACTION FM
b) Mulsanne Park (DN):
  • Awaiting outcome of grant application submitted to the Football Association to undertake capital works, at the Pavilion
  • WLDC have confirmed a grant of £8,000 subject to FA funding also being granted
c) Field paths (JC):
  • Next meeting date to be confirmed
  • Bridleway clearance behind Mulsanne park has been well received
d) Vicars Wood (JC):
  • An inspection has taken place to confirm whether additional tree work is required
  • FM to arrange to meet with the lead councillor and lead volunteer to identify work required and to seek quotations as required.   ACTION FM
e) Bishops Palace/Meadow (DN)
  • The LWT Project Officer has requested samples of seeds from rare plants growing in Bishops Meadow for the Natural History Museum and Joseph Banks research centre. Seed collection will take place next year. 
f) Allotments (PM)
  • No further updates from the developers Truelove Construction, about the allotment site handover
  • The old allotment site is still in use and tenants have been recommended to continue to tend their plots
g) Swathe (PM)
  • No further progress to report
  • The Parish Council approved at the meeting on the 19 October for the Burial Ground Working Group to continue to move to the next stage and to seek cost estimates for Burial Ground design options
  • An assessment of residents requirements may be undertaken to inform the design process
128/21 Tree matters - update (JR)
a) A complaint has been received from a resident of All Saints Lane regarding overhanging trees on Green Lane which they state are blocking out light to the garden. The resident is willing to pay for the work to be undertaken. FM to liaise with resident to discuss works required.   ACTION FM
b) FM to liaise with council’s tree expert to inspect for the condition of all trees along Green Lane.   ACTION FM/JR
c) It was raised that a local landowner had undertaken a severe cut back of trees along Lodge Lane. This matter has been reported to LCC
129/21 Correspondence
a) To consider a request from Greetwell Parish Council to expand field path network
Councillors considered a request from Greetwell Parish council to develop a permissive foot path between the JET garage (North Greetwell) and the existing permissive footpath network to the south of Nettleham village.
It was proposed, seconded and 
AGREED: To approve commencement of discussions with landowner to develop a field path from the A158 to enable join up of the existing path network, towards the south of parish, in liaison with Greetwell PC.  Unanimous
DN to liaise with landowner to discuss – subject to agreement by Parish Council.   ACTION DN
130/21 Councillors’ Reports/Future Agenda items
  • Beck management plan (JR)
131/21 Date of next meeting:
The next meeting of the Parish Council’s Property Committee will be held on 7 December 2021 at the Small Hall, Old School, Mill Hill at 7.30pm
Meeting ended at 21.35 pm
Assistant Clerk