Minutes - 24 November 2020

Minutes of the Nettleham Parish Council Property Committee Meeting held onTuesday 24 November 2020 via Zoom online video conferencing
Present: Cllrs D Newsam (DN) (Chair), J Clayton (JC); P McNeill (PM); J Radcliffe (JR); P Jenkinson (PJ)
Also in attendance: Cllr J Evans (JE) (ex-officio), Mrs D Locker (DL) (Clerk), Mrs M Vail (FM) (Facilities Manager). One member of the public was present. 
All were welcomed and thanked for attending. There was no public representation.
Meeting started at 7.30pm. 
077/20 To resolve to receive apologies and accept reasons for absence: None received.
078/20 Disclosure of interests in accordance with the requirements of the Localism Act 2011 and to consider any requests for dispensations: No disclosures of interest were made.
079/20 The notes of the Property Committee meeting held on 20 October 2020 to be approved as the minutes:
Noted that:  Item 071/20 a i – should read ‘that the Riseholme agricultural lake is low’.
Item 067/20 – requires clarification by the addition that JC has an interest in how much will be charged as a hirer.
It was proposed, seconded and resolved with all in favour to approve the draft notes, with the abovementioned amendments, as a true record.
080/20 Financial Matters (FM):
a) Review of expenditure:
Expenditure figures had been circulated prior to the meeting; and no queries were raised in respect of these.
b) To approve recent/proposed expenditure:
It was proposed, seconded and resolved with all in favour to approve both the following proposed expenditure, and the ratification of the following incurred expenditure:
Proposed expenditure:
All play areas - £350.00 + VAT - Annual external play inspection
Bishops Meadow - £94.45 + VAT - Replacement information sign
Beck - £93.50 + VAT; Delivery £15.00 - 2 x weir boards
Benches - £54.37 + Vat - 2 x bench slats 
Large Hall - £TBC - To replace 2 lighting sensors to illuminate users’ egress from Large Hall.  It was proposed, seconded and RESOLVED with all in favour to approve up to £200 + VAT.  Noted that solar panel lights can also be considered.
Ratification of expenditure:
Old School - Up to £50 - Repair leaking guttering
081/20 Facilities Manager Report:
Pavilion - Defibrillator installed on 5 November 2020.  Confirmed that the Facilities Assistant carries out weekly checks; and reports as the ‘guardian’ to WLDC. 
Old School - Small Hall boiler fixed – heating now controlled by thermostat
Old School - EDF gas smart meters fitting scheduled for 22 October 2020 cancelled by EDF – to be rebooked as Covid lockdown allows
All buildings - PAT tests, emergency lightening tests, and fire alarm tests carried out
Bishops Meadow - Mole man called out under annual contract
Bishops Meadow - Information sign has disappeared – to be replaced subject to expenditure approval at this meeting
The Green - 20ft Xmas Tree to be installed on 26 November 2020
Beck at Kingsway - Tenant farmer has cleared both the beck bank vegetation and the silt/collapsed bank from the beck itself.  As a result, the rats have scattered. WLDC Officer considers the rat issue on Washdyke Lane has now been resolved; and he is visiting Kingsway properties on an ongoing basis to liaise with residents there. This is now a mopping up operation for WLDC and residents to work together and should NPC be approached by residents, the residents should contact WLDC.
082/20 Working Groups
To receive reports as follows:
a) Beck (PJ):
 i. To receive an update on general maintenance:
PJ has been investigating the lack of water in the beck: neither the Environment Agency; WLDC; nor Anglian Water have accepted responsibility for the problem.  The landowner of the land where the fishing lake is at Riseholme, has advised that the water comes from Derbyshire where it has been very dry and the reservoirs are low; and that 3 – 5 inches of rain is needed to redress matters.  Noted that the long term forecast for January – March 2021 is for very wet weather.
PJ further reported that the beck in the vicinity of the sewage works has been cleared; that the developer on Scothern Road has also undertaken some beck clearance work; that he and JR have also been clearing parts of the beck; and that quotes are being obtained to put stone in at the Church Street weir where it has become undercut.
  ii. To receive an update on the BWG meeting held on 23 November 2020:
JC had attended the meeting in her role as Flood Warden.  Discussions had taken place around the draft Beck Management Plan which is a work in progress – aims and objectives will be incorporated into the Plan.  
FM reported that there had been no response from Sir Edward Leigh, MP’s, office despite two letters having been sent in respect of sewage problems in the beck in the vicinity of Watermill Lane. Noted that NPC has tried, unsuccessfully, over many years to progress matters with Anglian Water.
b) Swathe (PM):
 i. To receive update on the Swathe project following Zoom meeting with the contractor held on 5 November 2020:
A recent professional survey of the Swathe had resulted in it being found to be unsuitable for burials due to the bedrock being too close to the surface to allow sufficient depth.  Cremations would be possible though. FM, DL, and DN had subsequently visited the existing burial ground to review if it would be possible to replace some of the existing cremation plots with burial plots; with the conclusion being reached not to proceed with this idea at this time; although it may be revisited in the future as the Swathe opens up.
NPC is currently waiting on the contractor making contact regarding the next stage.
c) Mulsanne Park (DN):
i. To receive update on meeting with University of Lincoln representative regarding ditch clear out (southern boundary):
A site meeting had taken place: the University representative is now aware of the correct ditch and is currently reviewing information.
 ii. To receive update on pavilion refurbishment:
DN is researching a grant opportunity which WLDC can match fund. Discussion around proposals for the grant will take place in early December 2020. DN will, in the near future, be collecting office and kitchen items, which have been gifted to NPC free of charge; and will report further on this at the January 2021 meeting.
d) Field paths (JC):
 i. To receive any fieldpaths report as required:
Councillors have been made aware of Go Jauntly; a company providing a free community based walking app showing local walks created by local people to promote active travel, leisure walking, self-guided tours and generally connecting with nature for enhanced physical and mental well-being.  This was positively received; with JC to ask Cllr Porter to draft a letter for the FM to send out. 
Action: JC, RP, FM
Noted that the developer’s footpath onto Deepdale Lane has not been completed and is hazardous; but that the developer is not obliged to remedy matters until the development is completed.
e) Allotments (PM):
i. To receive any feedback from developer regarding new site layout:
Feedback is still awaited.  Action: FM to chase
f) Vicars Wood (JC):
i. To receive any update as required:
Reported that no work is planned due to financial constraints arising from the Covid situation.
083/20 To receive update reports regarding (DN):
a) Any matters requiring attention as the Covid 19 situation changes:
The Old School and Pavilion are closed due to the current lockdown period.  Existing bookings are pencilled in in anticipation of hirers returning.  New government guidance will be issued in the near future; at which point plans can be made regarding moving forward.
084/20 To consider the following items (FM):
a) Resident’s letter requesting to provide a memorial tree in Bishops Meadow area:
An area of the wildflower meadow had been identified for a tree.  JE provided some historical background; including to note that a different area of Bishops Meadow had originally been designated as a quasi-memorial area; and that this area is now full.  He further noted that a number of trees have been removed over time; that a different resident has previously been refused their request for a memorial tree; and that he recommends not accepting any more memorial trees in the Bishops Meadow area.  It was further noted that the Swathe will be a memorial garden; and that an existing tree could be nominated here as a memorial tree. It was then proposed, seconded and resolved with all in favour to approve a proposal that the resident be offered a Swathe tree to nominate as the memorial tree. Action: FM
085/20 Tree matters (JR):
a) To receive a general update:
A third quote has been obtained; there had been a delay in obtaining this due to one potential contractor twice not turning up at the agreed times.  As reported earlier, work in Vicars Wood is on hold. Orders have been placed for works on the Brookfields/Sudbrooke Lane junction, Wold View (removing broken branch) and removing a branch from Bill Baileys Playing Field overhanging an Orchard Way garden shed. Noted that the contractor engaged to survey trees on parish council land had delayed the work due to the Covid situation.  Action: FM to chase. Wood chippings had been provided for Mulsanne Park wooded paths by the contactor undertaking street tree work.
Clearance work; not carried out sympathetically; on the Danby Hill S bends was noted.
A suggestion was made that double headed street lights would improve lighting where the footpath/cycleway dips in amongst trees opposite the junction to Riseholme on the A46.
Noted that LCC had not made contact since their Zoom meeting with NPC earlier in the year in respect of a footpath along Lodge Lane. Action: DN to chase
Confirmed that the village Christmas tree would be erected on 26 November, with the switch on of lights scheduled for 27 November.  
086/20 Councillors’ Reports/Future Agenda items:
To receive a report on the footpath issue
Consider installing a new dog bin outside Bill Baileys Playing Field; subject to budget availability.
Report on Danby Hill with PJ and DN to clear beck here.
Confirmed that the next Full Council meeting will be on 8 December 2020; with the agenda due to be issued the preceding week.
087/20Date of next meeting: The next remote meeting of the Parish Council’s Property Committee will be held on 5 January 2021
All were thanked for attending; and the meeting ended at 20.25pm
Mrs Michelle Vail, Facilities Manager , Nettleham Parish Council                   26 November 2020