The cost of a cemetery plot
Please read the following about eligibility to purchase a grave burial plot. The Council amended their burial policy on 23 February 2021 when it was agreed that:
- A (grave) burial plot for interment may only be purchased for the burial of a deceased resident of the parish OR for a deceased person who otherwise had a close association* with the parish of Nettleham, at the time of death.
- At the time of that purchase or within 1 calendar month thereafter, they may purchase an adjacent (grave) burial plot for the future use of a resident of the parish, OR for a person who otherwise has a close association* with the parish.
- Please note: *Close association is to be taken as: a partner, parent or child.
- Cremated remains plots can, however, be purchased for the interment of the ashes of a deceased resident or non-resident, as required.
Burial Ground Fees
The following fees shall be effective from 1 April 2021
Purchase of Burial Grave plot at time of Interment – Nettleham Residents
- Purchase of Grave plot for a resident within the Parish - £340.00
- Purchase of Grave plot for a resident living outside of the Parish - £750. But only where considered eligible due to *close association - see burial policy details above. Please contact the Clerk if you wish to discuss further.
- Purchase of a cremated remains plot for a resident within the Parish - £200.00
- Purchase of cremated remains plot for a non-resident of Parish - £375.00
Interments to Graves
- To ordinary grave for a deceased resident within the Parish - £300.00
- To ordinary grave of a deceased person who resided outside the Parish - £750.00 e.g. - only if already pre-purchased a plot or eligible under the Council's policy because of *close association)
- To ordinary grave for a deceased resident under the age of 16 years within Parish - No Charge
Interment of Cremated Remains
- To ordinary cremated remains plot for a deceased resident within the Parish - £160.00
- To ordinary cremated remains plot of a non-resident of Parish - £ 375.00
- To ordinary cremated remains plot for a deceased resident under the age of 16yrs - No Charge
- Consent to erect memorial and approval of wording - £ 100.00
- Consent to add/amend memorial and approval of wording - £ 50.00
- Consent to uplift and re-site a memorial - £ 100.00 (This Fee is payable in addition to that charged for consent to erect or amend wording to an existing memorial in place, if applicable)
- If a burial plot (Grave or Cremated Remains) has already been purchased in advance - then only the interment fee will be charged at the time of interment.
- However, if a burial or cremated remains plot has not been pre-purchased the fee for a plot AND the interment fee will be charged.